Please enjoy a collection of my favorite recipes. Tested and approved by yours truly. Enjoy!
Sweet & Buttery Acorn Squash
This is an easy and savory recipe that is sure to delight. My family loves it!
1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a dash of allspice or nutmeg
cool whip optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn acorn squash upside down onto a lightly buttered baking dish. Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until it begins to soften, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven and turn onto a plate so that the flesh is facing upwards. This part is optional but I’ve found that To get the flavor into the squash, you have to cut through the flesh with a knife in a criss-cross pattern to allow the butter and sugar mixture to permeate the squash.
- Melt butter in small bowl and mix with sugar. Then pour the mixture in equal parts into both pieces of the squash.
- Place squash back into baking dish halves flesh facing up and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and topped with a bit of cool whip.