Try this little number as a side dish with your next meal or as an afternoon snack!
Ingredients – makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce for extra crunch (optional)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté kale and garlic in hot oil until fragrant and kale is bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water to skillet; cook and stir until kale wilts, about 5 minutes more. Drain.
- Whisk ½ cup olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, onion, ginger, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add iceberg (optional) and kale mixture to bowl and toss until kale is evenly coated. Sprinkle cranberries, pepitas, and almonds over the top. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.